We are looking to recruit enthusiastic and hardworking full-time Estate Grounds staff to join our small team in a fast-growing business. This position is based in Martley, Worcester and will cover sites in the West Midlands. Ideally candidates should have at least one year’s experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Grass and verge cutting, strimming and general verge maintenance across Estate villages and Nature Reserves;
- Weed control on hard-standing areas, yards, tracks and paths using knapsack and vehicle mounted sprayers;
- Grassland topping and parkland maintenance using hand & ride-on mowers;
- Grassland weed control;
- Wildflower meadow seeding;
- Clear up fallen trees and limbs across the Estates;
- Firewood production;
- Maintenance fencing and gates around the Estate;
- Parkland tree planting and maintenance.
Qualifications and Skills
Ideally candidates should have some or all the following:
- Self-motivation and ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team;
- Full driving licence and use of vehicle;
- NPTC PA1, PA2 & PA6;
- ATV Sit Aside/Sit In course;
- Chainsaw Maintenance & Cross Cutting;
- Experience with ground maintenance machinery, particularly ride-on mowers;
- Experience with tractor driving.
Salary will be dependent on experience and ability. Additional benefits include a commitment to ongoing professional development, the auto-enrolment pension scheme, a small welfare scheme, payment of professional membership fees and 25 days annual leave (exclusive of public holidays).
Please email email@example.com including your full name and contact details, plus a short introduction and your CV.
Ecological Assistants Needed
We are looking for enthusiastic survey assistants to help us with our busy field & bat season.
Ideally, you will have some experience of attending dusk and dawn bat surveys, but we can provide all equipment necessary.
Payment is dependent on experience and work type.
To register your interest and be included on our database of assistants, please email firstname.lastname@example.org including your full name and contact details, plus a short introduction to yourself, including any relevant experience.
You will need:
Your own car
A mobile phone which you would be willing to use to liaise with our permanent surveyors